Medicare Telehealth - COVID-19 codes
From Monday 30 March to 30 September all Australians eligible to receive services under Medicare will be able to access bulk-billed psychological services delivered via telehealth (i.e., videoconference or phone) if clinically appropriate.
How does it work?
* You will need a valid GP Mental Health Care Plan. You do not need to get a new Care Plan if you already have one.
* Max of 10 therapy sessions can be used in a calendar year, these include ANY sessions you already had this year
* Client can not be a patient in a hospital
* Sessions can be delivered through video-conferencing or phone
Which Medicare codes can be bulk billed?
* Telehealth - COVID 19 Initiative
* Chronic Disease Management Services
* Pregnancy Support Initiative (only certain eligible Psychologists)
* Assessment and treatment services for children with autism, pervasive developmental disorder or disability
* Follow-up allied health services for people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent
* Eating Disorder Management
Telehealth - COVID 19 Initiative
You are eligible under the following circumstances:
- the person has been diagnosed with COVID-19 virus but who is not a patient of a hospital; or
- the person has been required to self-isolate in accordance with home isolation guidance issued by Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC); or
- the person is considered more susceptible to the COVID-19 virus being a person who is:
- at least 70 years old; or
- at least 50 years old and is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; or
- is pregnant; or
- is a parent of a child under 12 months; or
- is already under treatment for chronic health conditions or is immune compromised; or
- the person meets the current national triage protocol criteria for suspected COVID-19 infection.
Please contact us if you need assistance with determining your eligibility.