Colette is a Registered Psychologist with 20 years’ experience in a variety of settings ranging from private practice to Correctional Services in three countries.
Her areas of specialisation are working with children diagnosed with ASD (Autism), SID (Sensory Integration Disorder) and ADHD. Colette is a registered provider of the CoordiKids Childhood Development Program, a program recognised by, and registered with NDIS. Her clients benefit from therapeutic movement activities which targets coordination, organisation and planning, fidgeting, concentration and attention. Combined with a Parent Education program positive results are seen in improved home environment as well as communication and relationship between parents and children.
Colette is registered as a provider for the NDIS and WorkCover Qld. She has extensive experience in supporting her NDIS clients to build emotional, behavioural and living capacity. Providing high quality, evidence based therapy is at the core of Colette’s practice and she believes in a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to her clients’ mental health.
Colette is committed to each client’s wellbeing and success and strives to help her clients experience a meaningful, productive and fulfilling live.
AREA OF INTEREST:
- Children with developmental problems (sensory integration disorder)
- Parent education and support
- Autism and ADHD/ADD
- Anger management
- Stress management
- Personal growth including assertiveness, self-esteem, social skills
- Alcohol and Drug counselling
- Parent Management Training
- CoordiKids Childhood Development Program
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- Emotion focused therapy
- Life Skills coaching including assertiveness, conflict management, social skills, stress management
- Mindfulness and Relaxation strategies
- Strength based and solution focused
Harbour Point - Hope Island
- Monday 8:00 - 13:00
- Tuesday 14:00 - 19:00
- Wednesday 14:00 - 19:00
- Thursday 8:00 - 13:00
- Friday 8:00 - 13:00