Colette is a Counsellor with 15 years’ experience in a variety of settings ranging from private practice to Correctional Services in three countries. Colette is a member of the Australian Psychological Society.
Her areas of specialisation are working with children diagnosed with ASD (Autism), SID (Sensory Integration Disorder) and ADHD. Colette is a registered provider of the CoordiKids Childhood Development Program, a program recognised by, and registered with NDIS. Her clients benefit from therapeutic movement activities which targets coordination, organisation and planning, fidgeting, concentration and attention. Combined with a Parent Education program positive results are seen in improved home environment as well as communication and relationship between parents and children.
Colette has extensive experience in facilitating group therapy for AOD (Alcohol and other Drugs) as well as couples therapy and working with clients suffering from PTSD. Providing high quality, evidence based therapy is at the core of Colette’s practice and she believes in a holistic, multi-disciplinary approach to her clients’ mental health.
Colette is committed to each client’s wellbeing
and success and strives to help her clients experience a meaningful, productive
and fulfilling live.
Phone today for an appointment
07 5573 2200
CLIENTS COLETTE WORK WITH:
Children, adolescents, adults & couples
COLETTE'S AREA OF INTEREST:
- Children with developmental problems (sensory integration disorder)
- Parent education and support
- Autism and ADHD/ADD
- Anger management
- Stress management
- Relationship counselling
- Personal growth including assertiveness, self-esteem, social skills
- Alcohol and Drug counselling
- CoordiKids Childhood Development Program
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
- Emotion focussed therapy
- Couples Counselling
- Life Skills coaching including assertiveness, conflict management, social skills, stress management
- Mindfulness and Relaxation
- Strength based and solution focussed
- Wednesday 8:00 - 12:00
- Thursday 9:00 - 5:00